IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting Tips

Blogs

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting Tips

19 Sep 2020
IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting Tips
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
1648

 IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting : The 13th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) is finally scheduled to begin on 19th September after the Corona forced the BCCI to postpone the season and relocate it to the middle-east thereby making players safety a top priority.

 

The season starts off with defending champions Mumbai Indians taking on the runners-up Chennai Super Kings in Abu Dhabi. There were speculations about CSK not playing the opening game, but all the staff members and few players have fortunately tested negative and will be good to go.

The inaugural is expected to be a thriller with this rivalry already part of numerous nail-biting clashes. Even though CSK has been one of the consistent squads from the start, the four-time champs have dominated this rivalry with four wins in the last season which included a play-off and a final.

With doubts on return of Harbhajan Singh and Suresh Raina into the squad, it is like rubbing salt into the wounds for the Chennai team whereas Malinga will be unavailable for the reigning champions. The Mumbai are going into this with a slight edge but we can never write off a giant team like CSK.

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting Summary

Mumbai Indians vs CSK IPL Prediction

Get these 5 predictions right and win Amazon Vouchers

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting : Last IPL Season Stats

Looking at their last year’s campaign, Mumbai had one of the best league finishes after 14 matches with just five losses and nine wins. Their cause was helped by the likes of Quinton De Kock who was the highest run-getter for the team.

The all-rounder core of Pandya brothers along with Pollard and a bowling line-up having two of the best death bowlers, Jasprit Bumrah and Lasith Malinga contributed alot to the Mumbai Indian win in last season.

On the other hand, Chennai Super Kings also had a dominating performance in the league with nine wins and continued to be the only team to make it to the play-offs whenever they have played. The Purple Cap holder Imran Tahir and the third highest wicket-taker of the 2019 season played a big hand in taking the team to the final where they finished runner-up for the record fifth time.

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting : Head-to-head

This particular rivalry is termed as the ‘El Clasico’ of IPL because of the fierce battle between the teams and the quality they bring to the middle. They are also the two most successful IPL teams that makes it even more interesting for the fans.

The two teams have played 30 matches against each other with Mumbai edging out CSK with 18 wins whereas the latter has 12 wins.

But things interesting when we talk about matches played in a neutral venue.

They have played on 10 occasions until now with both winning five games each. Another interesting fact is that when the two teams played in Abu Dhabi in 2014, CSK had convincingly won that particular battle by seven wickets.

This means that even though this looks like a 51-49 chance for Mumbai, it is closer than what it actually appears.

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting : Team News

Even though the teams have won several matches in India, the conditions in the middle east are quite different with high temperatures and humid conditions influencing the play. Ironically, Mumbai lost all the matches they played in 2014 in UAE. But the teams have come a long way from then and with adequate time to prepare, it is sure going to be a challenge for the teams.

Firstly, the Mumbai Indians batting line-up looks stronger than ever with Rohit Sharma in the form of his life leading from the front. Despite not performing up to the mark, he managed 405 runs in 2019 which he will want to better it this time.

Rohit Sharma will be joined last year’s highest run-getter and the wicket De Kock along with Ishan Kishan, Chris Lynn at the top.

The CSK has lost its balance with Raina and Harbhajan pulling out just before the start.

But it seems that it will have to shuffle a little to find the perfect eleven. It is a sure thing that Watson and Faf Du Plesis will start the innings for the team with Rayudu likely to fill the No.3 spot and Dhoni himself coming up the order at 4.

This leaves Kedar Jadhav and Jadeja at 5 and 6. The middle order doesn’t look threatening and can crumble in crunch situations.

The bowling of Mumbai Indians looks top-class with Bumrah and Trent Boult starting the proceedings in the absence of Malinga. Rahul Chahar will head the spin department.

Krunal Pandya along with all-rounders Hardik Pandya and Kieron Pollard will be supporting both batting and bowling department for Mumbai Indians.

The bowling department of CSK is sorted with Deepak Chahar and Lungi Ngidi sharing the new ball with Imran Tahir who took the most wickets in the last IPL head the spin department.

He will probably be accompanied by either Karn Sharma or Piyush Chawla with Jadeja giving the left-arm option. Dwayne Bravo might be the lone foreign all-rounder in the team who is a known T20 specialist.

IPL MI vs CSK Predictions and Betting Analysis

Even though this is a new season and a fresh start, the betting platforms have backed the Mumbai based franchise to pull this off. According to Bet365Mumbai Indians have been given odds of 1.72 whereas the CSK aren’t far behind with the odds of 2.10.

Another platform SkyBet are also expecting Mumbai to cross the line but the odds are close which means that the Chennai has every chance to win this. While Mumbai has 4/5 odds, Chennai has been given 1/1 odds.

The OnlineCricketBetting site which gives the predictions has given 54.9% chance of a win for MI with 45.1% chance for the opposition. They have also gone on to give the odds as 1.73 to Mumbai and 2.10 to Dhoni’s CSK.

The Betfair also seems to give thumbs up to the bigger horse in the opener. It has given odds of 4/6 to MI while CSK got 11/10 odds.

Similarly, 888sport has given 3/4 to MI and 21/20 to CSK. It is also important to note that over 60% people have their money on MI’s triumph.

  

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM