IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

Blogs

IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

20 Sep 2020
IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
282

IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

The IPL 2020 cricket tournament began yesterday with the Chennai Super Kings surprising Mumbai Indians. Ambati Rayudu was the big difference between the two teams.

Tonight the underdogs Delhi Capitals will take on Kings XI Punjab in their first match this IPl Season. The IPL cricket matches this time are being played at 3 stadiums. This match will played at the Dubai International Cricket stadium.

According to a poll by Crowdwisdom360, Kings XI Punjab is currently predicted to finish at the bottom of the points table. Kolkata Knight riders is predicted to finish on the top followed by Rajasthan Royals and Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians. Delhi Capitals, Royal Challengers Bangalore and CSK are expected to finish at the bottom with Kings XI Punjab. Sunrisers Hyderabad are expected to finish 4th.

In Indian Premier League 2019 campaign, Delhi Capitals made it to the playoffs for the first time in seven years. The team has a bunch of youngsters with Ricky Ponting guiding this team.Kings XI Punjab on the other hand would be looking to set the stage on fire like they did in 2014 when IPL was held in UAE. The 2019 season was abysmal with a sixth-place finish for the team.

IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

IPL Betting: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

IPL Betting Tips: Why Delhi Capitals is rated better than Kings XI Punjab?

Lack of Depth in Batting: Kings XI have issues with a thin batting line up with Lokesh Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal and Glenn Maxwell. Mayank has been struggling a bit which means that at least two of 3 superstars will have to score 50+ runs tonight. It is not impossible but not easy either.

Weak Bowling: Even if the batsmen do well, the bowling line up is extremely weak to pick up wickets against a strong DC batting line up.

However, the IPL betting markets are expecting a close game owing to this being a match played after a long break on account of coronavirus, some players could be rusty.

IPL Betting and Predictions: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab IPL

Even though the Delhi Capitals looks like the second favorite team among the two, it seems that the prediction markets are backing them to win this. According to OnlineCricketBetting, they have a 53.8% chance to win this whereas Punjab has 46.2% chance of a triumph. Looking at the odds, Delhi have been given with odds of 1.80 and Punjab has 2.10 odds indicating a slight edge to Delhi.

Sports Betting Markets too are predicting a win for Delhi.

Betway has also pointed its fingers towards Delhi Capitals for this clash. It has provided with the odds of 1.75 to DC whereas KXIP isn’t far behind with odds of 2.00.

According to another platform 888sport, the Delhi are ahead at this moment but that gap is narrow. The odds given to DC is 1.80 and 2.00 to KXIP which is similar to other platforms.

The oddschecker known for accumulating and giving the best odds have given their predictions. It looks like a very close contest with 4/5 odds to DC while the 2014 runner-up team has the best odds of 8/7 as of now. 

DC vs KXIP IPL Betting: Team News

Firstly, Delhi Capitals have built a core Indian side that is young with Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer and Rishabh Pant around. They will be supported by the experience of the Shikhar Dhawan and the new entree into the team Ajinkya Rahane.

Kings XI batting unit has the services of one of the greatest T20 cricket players, Chris Gayle along with a quality Karnataka contingent in Mayank Agarwal and Karun Nair who can play the anchor role. They will be accompanied by the likes of Nicholas Pooran and Glen Maxwell who we all know for their big-hitting ability.

IPL Betting: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

IPL Betting: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

 

IPL Betting: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

Delhi Capitals have the services of Alex Carey, Marcus Stoinis and Shimron Hetmyer who are T20 specialists having played for so many leagues around the globe.

Looking at the bowling department, Kagiso Rabada who took more than 20+ wickets in the last season will be key for their success along with Ishant Sharma.

The spin department is the most important when playing in UAE and they have one of the best spin departments that has Ravi Ashwin, Amit Mishra and Sandeep Lamichhane. It looks like their batting department is solid but the bowling is a little vulnerable.

The spin department looks solid with Mujib Ur Rehman and K Gowtham expected to start for them. The pace department will have to be managed by Shami and Cottrell with Chris Jordan probably not playing in the first few games. On the whole, it looks like the Punjab edges Delhi as far as the team combination is concerned.

IPL Betting: Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab

Delhi Capitals vs Kings XI Punjab IPL Predictions and Betting: Head-to-Head

They have played 24 matches against each other with 14 wins to the Punjab side whereas the Delhi-based franchise has 10 victories.

Looking at their record in neutral venues, it is seen that both the teams have won three games apiece when there is no home advantage for either teams.

But their 2014 record in UAE provides us with quite some insight. Kings Punjab had their best time with five wins in five games whereas Delhi settled for two triumphs in four clashes in the hot and humid conditions of the middle-east.

Read our Fantasy Tips article to review more data. 

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM