Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions analysis

Blogs

Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions analysis

17 Sep 2020
Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions analysis
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
88

Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions : The National Football League of USA is back with a bang after a round of interesting and thrilling clashes between the sides in the opening week of the 2020 season. The first match saw the reigning champions Chiefs take down Texans in what looked like a routine for them.

Looking at other victories of the first weekend, Las Vegas Raiders finally sneaked through a victory in what looked like a tight match up against Carolina Panthers who finished 4th in NFC South in 2019. Josh Jacobs, Raiders running back  was a major reason why the Raiders beat the Carolina Panthers  in the match that ended in 34-30 score.

The Saints were off to a flyer with Tampa Bay Buccaneers offering little or no resistance. Even Tom Brady could not save the Buccaneers as Saints beat the Buccaneers by 34-23 score. Interestingly, both the teams are preparing to face-off on 21st for Monday night football at the Allegiant stadium which is the home stadium for the Raiders.

The Raiders had a forgettable season in 2019 when they finished third in the AFC West and couldn’t qualify to the play-offs. On the flip side, Saints had a dream season in the regular season but couldn’t take that form into the play-offs.

With both teams coming off a win in the opener, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the level or if one of them will concede easily on Monday night.

Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions Summary

Raiders vs Saints Odds

Raiders vs Saints Odds and Predictions : Recent form

With the pre-season cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic, the players are definitely fresh but lack game practice and look a little rusty. But it is expected for the players of all teams to get into rhythm in the coming weeks with a long schedule ahead.

It seems that the Raiders are looking to break the jinx once and for all with their name associated to Las Vegas city from this season. They started the 2019 season on a good note with six wins in the 10 games they played and were potential challengers for the AFC West title.

From then on it started going downhill for the side as they lost five of their last five games. They still had their play-offs dream alive until the last week, but a loss against Jaguars in the home game meant that they haven’t made it to the play-offs for the third straight year. They have got a good start to the 2020 season and would be desperate to break this infamous streak.

The Saints have come a long way from a rough patch during 2014-16 where they went 21-24 to becoming one of the top leagues from then on. They were untouchable in the first ten games winning eight matches with losses coming against Falcons and Rams.

Despite injuries and main players missing out for weeks 3 to 7, the Saints were unbeaten in all the five games. They finished with 13 wins and 3 losses thereby finishing at the top of NFC South.

They also matched the previous season’s performance with at least 12 wins for the first time in its history. But their amazing run came to a halt when they were handed a shocking defeat against Vikings in the Wild Card Play-off.

Raiders vs Saints NFL prediction and betting analysis: Head-to-head

The Saints are looking for their 4th consecutive play-offs spot in the 2020 season with an impressive 37-11 record since the 2017 season. On the other hand, the home team haven’t made it to play-offs on 16 occasions in the past 17 appearances which they would want to reverse this season by winning matches early in the season.

Raiders vs Saints Odds

Looking at how the teams have performed against the other gives you a little insight of the rivalry that has unfolded over the years.

Unlike other rivalries, these two teams have only met on 13 occasions with each team winning 6 games apiece with their first ever meeting back in 1971 ending in a deadlock.

In the last five meetings, Saints are just ahead with three wins while the hosts have two victories. Their recent meeting was in 2016 which was high pressure and an intense game with Raiders inching towards triumph with a 35-34 score line.

Interestingly, all these matches are in regular season and they have never met in the post season. Even though the Saints holds a little bit of edge with momentum going in their way, the Raiders can show what they are made of in the upcoming match.

Raiders vs Saints NFL prediction and betting analysis:

Even though the head-to-head looks like the matchup is close, it seems the past history is a little misleading with the betting platforms and the experts rooting heavily for Saints to take this. Bettingexpert are of the opinion that the visiting team have this game in their game going into the clash. They have currently provided with the odds of 3.00 to the Las Vegas based side while the Saints have 1.45 odds for this match.

Smarkets have also gone on to suggest that the Saints holds a massive advantage in this matchup. They have given the odds of 1.43 to Saints with the double odds of 2.98 stacked against the Raiders. Almost 70% have bet on Saints whereas only 27% have their money on the hosts.

The website for accumulating the odds to give the best odds Oddschecker have also gone on to predict a win for the New Orleans squad. They have the best odds of 9/20 to the favorites while the Raiders have a huge task in hand with the best odds of 2/1 as of now.

FiveThirtyEightwho are known to accurately the outcome of the game is clearly seen favoring the Saints in this clash. They have given them 65% chance of a victory whereas the Raiders with 35% are clearly the underdogs. The website has also gone on to put the Saints at 3rd place to win the Super Bowl with a 15% currently. Even though this looks like a really long shot, it tells that the Saints have come a long way in terms of quality in the middle.  

Oddsshark predicts a win for New Orleans Saints. As per the the final score of the match is expected to be 27.8 - 22.8 in favor of Saints.

As per Bet365, the moneyline for Saints victory is placed at 1.41 and that for Raiders victory is 3.0.

The NFl bets and predictions suggests Saints to be favorites for the upcoming match against Raiders. However, both the teams have won their opening matches therefore it will be difficult to conclude the result of the game before the final whistle is blown.

Raiders vs Saints Odds

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM