CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting Analysis

Blogs

CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting Analysis

22 Oct 2020
CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting Analysis
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
268

CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting : Chennai Super Kings will be playing their 11th match of IPL 2020 season against Mumbai Indians on 22nd October. Their chances of qualifying for the playoffs is almost over, therefore in the last few matches left they will try to improve their position in points table.

Mumbai Indians on the other hand have played 9 matches till date. With Bangalore beating Kolkata on Wednesday, Mumbai Indians dropped from 2nd position to 3rd in points table. However, they have played a match lesser than the 2nd placed Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Both Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings are coming off a defeat in their last match. Mumbai was defeated by 5th placed Kings XI Punjab while Chennai lost to Rajasthan Royals.

CSK vs MI Predictions and Cricket Betting Tips

Mumbai and Chennai will meet each other at Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting : Recent Form

One of the most consistent team in IPL history, CSK is staring at a league exit for the first time in their IPL history.

Apart from the three wins that came against Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab and Sunrisers Hyderabad, they were clearly outplayed in one or the other department in addition to the lack of intent that was clearly visible in the chases.

The absence of Suerh Raina can be easily seen in middle order of CSK. Chennai's middle order batting has failed in almost all the matches. At present they are placed at the bottom of the points table with just 3 wins and 7 losses.

MI came into IPL 2020 as favorites and they have remained to be one of the teams in the hunt of this year’s IPL trophy. Despite losing to CSK in the first game and losing a close game against RCB, they haven’t done much wrong in this edition with a strong line up where players are going on with their business.

They have currently won 6 games and lost 3 matches. Their 5-match unbeaten streak ended with a defeat against Kings XI Punjab in last match.

The head-to-head suggests that the Mumbai Indians have a clear advantage against their rivals with 17 wins in 29 games as opposed to just 12 losses. However, the most recent encounter between the two team was won by Chennai Super Kings.

CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting : Team News

Even though the CSK core hasn’t changed much, they are yet to sort their batting order. It was obvious that the absence of Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh would leave a big void. Moreover, Dwayne Bravo will not be part of the team for rest of the matches dues to injury.

The duo of Faf Du Plessis and Shane Watson have done their job reasonably, but they will have to bat with more authority. Ambati Rayudu has been their best batsman with consistent performances even when the ship seems to be sinking.

Captain MS Dhoni have struggled while all-rounder Sam Curran is having a good season. Ravindra Jadeja has looked an improved batsman striking at more than 150 in this season along with his bowling skills.

Both Kedar Jadav and Piyush Chawla have disappointed. Mitchell Santner may be part of Playing XI and Imran Tahir may replace Piyush Chawla for this match.

On the other hand, Mumbai Indians are the only team IPL 2020 to have not made drastic changes in their eleven.

The opening pair of Rohit Sharma and Quinton de Kock have been outstanding but failed in match against KXIP.

Suryakumar Yadav at 3 is solid and has the right balance between consolidating and going for the big shots. Ishan Kishan has done his job coming at No.4 while Hardik Pandya hasn’t really opened up this season, which will happen eventually.

The explosive all-rounder duo of Kieron Pollard and Krunal Pandya can win games for the team from any position. In particular, Pollard has been the biggest match winner for them and continues to bat with ease and is deceptive with the ball.

The bowling attack led by the pair of Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult is terrifying to the eye who can give you breakthroughs in the powerplay as well as in the death.

The third pacer Nathan Coulter Nile who has played only 2 matches this IPL season looks in good form. Rahul Chahar has been handy for the side who has been the spinning option but does control the running option in the middle overs.

CSK vs MI Predictions and Betting : Schedule and Predicted Winner

Chennai Super Kings will take on Mumbai Indians on Friday, 23rd of October 2020 at Sharjah Cricket Stadium. The match is scheduled at 7:30PM IST.

The predictions and betting sites clearly favor Mumbai Indians over CSK in this match.

As per Smarkets, CSK has 40.32% chances of beating Mumbai Indians while MI has 59.68% chances of beating CSK.

The betting odds for CSK stands at 11/8 and for Mumbai Indians at 33/50 as per Oddschecker.

Even at Bet365, it is advantage MI over CSK. The winning odds for Mumbai is at 1.61 and for CSK the odds are 2.30.

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM