UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions

Blogs

UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions

14 Dec 2020
UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
331

UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions: The 2020 Champions League group stage is concluded with the heat for the knockout games on currently. With the group stages ending on Wednesday night, Atalanta, Atletico Madrid, Monchengladbach and Real Madrid filled the remaining spots in the Round of 16 with a crucial win for all the sides.

This also meant that they will join Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Lazio, RB Leipzig, Liverpool, Manchester City, PSG, FC Porto and Sevilla to fight for the final glory. With the Round of 16 in line, the draw is due to take place this week.

UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions: Draw schedule

Like every season, UEFA Champions league games are always decided by organizing a draw. Given that the group stage games are done and dusted, the draw for the round of 16 games is scheduled to take place the coming week on Monday, 14th December.

The draw will take place in the UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland with the fate of the teams decided that day. The Football fraternity will be able to view this on their official website UEFA.com from 12pm local time (4.30 pm IST).

UEFA Champions League Knockout Draw Predictions: How it works?

The draw for the Round of 16 will have two pots which will be labelled as “seeded” and “unseeded”. The seeded pot will have all those teams that have topped their respective groups while the unseeded pot will have the runners-up from the eight groups.

A selected team from the seeded pot will play the selected team from the unseeded pot given that they weren’t part of the same group as well as not play for the same country.

Apart from this, the team in unseeded pot would play the first leg at home whereas their opponents will get the opportunity to host in the second leg.

Seeded Pot: Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus and PSG.

Unseeded Pot: Atletico Madrid, Monchengladbach, FC Porto, Atalanta, Sevilla, Lazio, Barcelona and RB Leipzig.

UEFA Champions League: Rest of the schedule

The Champions League Round of 16 will be held in two legs with the first one on February 15th and 16th. The second leg games will be played on March 16th and 17th.

This will be followed by a draw for the quarter-finals on March 19th which is a tentative date as of now.

The Quarterfinals will be played on April 6th and April 14th which will be followed by the semi-finals on April 17th and May 5th with the final on May 29th in Istanbul.

UEFA Champions League knockout draw predictions: Who is winning?

The Champions league has reached the knock out stages with the teams gearing up outperform the others. The defending champions Bayern Munich have had a successful campaign so far, but the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea have turned it on after remaining unbeaten.

On the other hand, teams like Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid know how to win big games and still possess a good chance to grab the trophy. The betting platforms are currently divided to predict a winner as of now with the group stages over.

According to FiveThirtyEight, Manchester City are unexpectedly given the hot favorite tag to win the title with a 24% chance while Bayern Munich are likely to make it to the semis with a 76% chance and a 17% chance to win the final.

Surprisingly, Barcelona are slotted in 3rd with a one in ten chance whereas the English teams Liverpool and Chelsea have 7% chance to grab the trophy.

Another platform SMarkets have gone on to predict Bayern Munich to repeat their 2019 performance with a 23.26% chance with Manchester City closing in with a 17.86% chance whereas Liverpool are the 3rd favorites.

Italian giants Juventus have 6.06%, FC Barcelona have 6.06% whereas Real Madrid have just one in twenty chance to win the champions league. 

The popular site Oddschecker have also gone on to suggest that Bayern Munich and Manchester City are the top two favorites currently.

Liverpool are given the third spot with 13/2 odds whereas the French club PSG are surprisingly put as the 4th favorite with 12/1 odds. Juventus remain in the 5th spot with a 16/1 odds in this prestigious race. 

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
Free entry into one Non-Mega game
2000 coins
Rs 100 Amazon Voucher
7000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM