Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions Analysis

Blogs

Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions Analysis

12 Dec 2020
Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions Analysis
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
388

Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions: The Los Angeles Chargers (3-9) will be facing the Las Vegas Raiders (7-5) in Week 14 on Thursday, 17 December. They are currently at the last spot in AFC West and have already been eliminated from the playoff contention.

The Chargers will now play for pride to end the current season of NFL with some good memories. However, that is not going to be easy for them as the remaining games are against strong teams.

The Las Vegas Raiders have a lot to play for in Week 14 with heavy playoff implications on the line. Apart from taking care of their own business, the Raiders will need help from some other teams to improve their chances of reaching the playoffs.

They will surely look to dominate the visitors on Thursday and secure a big win. However, taking the Chargers too easy is not something that they should do. The home advantage will be on their side as the game will be played at the Allegiant Stadium, the home of the Las Vegas Raiders.

Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions: Recent Form

Things started going wrong for the Chargers right from the start of the season. They faced a 16-13 defeat to the Cincinnati Bengals in the opening game.

The losing streak continued against teams like Chiefs, Panthers, Buccaneers, and Saints. It took them 6 games to register their first win against the Jacksonville Jaguars with a score of 39-29.

However, they couldn’t gain momentum from the win as they managed to win only 2 of their next 6 games. The Chargers faced an embarrassing 45-0 loss to the New England Patriots in the last game.

The Las Vegas Raiders have seen many high and lows in their campaign so far. They started with a thumping 34-30 win over the Carolina Panthers.

They outperformed the mighty Saints in the next game and defeated them with a 34-24 margin. They lost 2 consecutive games against the Patriots and the Bills before making a great comeback and defeating the Kansas City Chiefs with a score of 40-32.

The Raiders won 4 of their next 7 encounters. They won a close contest against the New York Jets with a margin of 31-28.

The Los Angeles Chargers are facing a tough time in away games as they managed to win only 1 of their last 6 away games. The Las Vegas Raiders, on the other hand, have won 2 of their last 5 home games.

Chargers vs Raiders Odds and Predictions: H2H

The Chargers-Raiders rivalry began in November 1960 when the two teams faced each other for the first time in November 1960.

The game ended with a 52-28 victory for the Chargers. Overall, both teams have met each other 122 times (including 1 postseason game). The Los Angeles Chargers won 54 of them, while the Las Vegas Raiders won 66 games. 2 games ended on a tie.

The most recent meeting of the two teams took place on 8 November 2020 in NFL 2020-21. The Raiders defeated the Chargers with a margin of 31-26.

Chargers vs Raiders: Players to Watch Out

Although the Chargers struggled in most of the games, there are some notable performers for them this season. Quarterback Justin Herbert has played well with 3,224 passing yards, 23 passing touchdowns, and 9 interceptions. His rank is 11th in the list of top passers of the current season.

The Raiders’ quarterback Derek Carr has gained 3,027 passing yards so far with 22 passing touchdowns and 5 interceptions.

The Chargers haven’t been good at rushing in this season. Running back Joshua Kelly has acquired 346 rushing yards so far from 12 games. The Raiders’ rushing looks pretty good with the likes of Josh Jacobs.

The star player is among the top 10 rushing backs of the current season with 782 rushing yards and 9 rushing touchdowns. He missed out the last game due to injury. The Raiders would definitely want him back in the crucial Week 14.

The wide receiver Keenan Allen has performed well for the Chargers with 923 receiving yards and 7 receiving touchdowns. His rank is 10th in the list of top receivers this season as of now.

The Raiders will rely on tight end Darren Waller who has completed 742 receiving yards and 7 receiving touchdowns so far.

In the defense department, linebacker Kenneth Murray Jr. is the season leader for the Chargers. He has completed 81 tackles as of now. Nick Kwiatkoski is the leading defender for the Chargers this season. He has given a consistent performance with 66 tackles from the 10 games he played.

Talking about kicking, Michael Badgley has made 17 field goals for the Los Angeles Chargers with a 70.8% success rate. For the Las Vegas Raiders, placekicker Daniel Carlson has given an impressive performance this season with 24 field goals at a success rate of 92.3%.

Chargers vs Raiders: Predicted Winner

The Los Angeles Chargers need to bring a miraculous performance to challenge the strong Raiders. They never looked good to beat any strong team in this season. The Las Vegas Raiders will surely be high on confidence. They won’t like to miss the chance of defeating the out of form Chargers in their home stadium.

Most of the prediction and betting platforms are suggesting an easy win for the Chargers. As per nationalfootballpost.com, the money line is +161 for the Los Angeles Chargers and -184 for the Las Vegas Raiders.

Bookies.com is another famous platform for providing betting tips. As per them, the odds are 1.50 for Las Vegas Raiders, and 2.50 for Los Angeles Chargers.

The public betting meter of actionnetwork.com is suggesting a 61% chances of the Raiders’ win, while the chance for the Charger’s stand at 39%.

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
Free entry into one Non-Mega game
2000 coins
Rs 100 Amazon Voucher
7000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM