Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: Dolphins Starts as Favorites

Blogs

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: Dolphins Starts as Favorites

14 Dec 2020
Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: Dolphins Starts as Favorites
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
77

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: The New England Patriots faced their second defeat in a row on Sunday. Their chances of making in to playoffs have almost become dim after their loss to Los Angeles Rams in Week 14.

This Sunday they are set to clash against the Miami Dolphins at the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens Florida. Miami Dolphins on the other suffered their 5th loss of this season when they lost to Kansas City Chiefs by 33-27. Currently Dolphins are 2nd in their Group and are overall 7th in their Conference.

With hope of New England Patriots’ making in to playoff slipping from 28% to 6%, this Sunday they will look forward to defeat the Dolphins in their backyard. Dolphins on the other hand with home advantage will be looking forward to move one step closer to the playoffs by defeating the visitors.

It must not be forgotten that the Patriots are 1-0 against the Dolphins in this season's NFL. They defeated the Dolphins in their opening game of NFL 2020.

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: NFL 2020 form

The New England Patriots started the season with a win against the Miami Dolphins which was soon followed by a loss against the Seahawks. It seemed as if the team recuperated their form by managing a win against the Raiders, but this was soon followed by a string of four losses.

The most dismal performance of the team was witnessed against the 49ers, when the Patriots could only score 6 points while their the best performance came against the Chargers when they scored 45 and the Chargers could not even score one touchdown.

With just three games left to play, the Patriots will be looking forward to win the games to improve their position on the table.

The Miami Dolphins started the season with two successive losses against the New England Patriots and the Buffalo Bills.

Soon the team got back to winning ways by making a winning streak of five and a loss streak of two. In the last five games, the Dolphins have lost 2 games and won 3 games.

The best performance of the team was witnessed in the match against the New York Jets where in the Jets could not open their account and the Dolphins could score 24. The Dolphins will be looking forward to win this game and get back to winning ways try to get to the first position of the AFC East Table.

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: H2H

The Miami Dolphins and the New England Patriots have a long history of rivalry starting right from the 1960s. In the last 20 years, the two clubs have played 41 games, in which the New England Patriots have been able to win 26 games and the Miami Dolphins have been able to win only 15 games.

The last game between the two was played in the 2020 season, which was the first game for the two clubs. The Patriots were able to score an easy 21 against the Dolphins making it to only 11 and could win the game.

Taking a look at the last five games played between the two clubs, the Patriots have been able to have an upper hand by winning 3 games and the Dolphins winning only 2 games.

In the match played in December 2019, the Patriots and the Dolphins both put up a spectacular offensive and defensive strategy, the Patriots scored 24 and the Dolphins could score 27 when the final whistle was blown.

In the most dismal performance put up by the Dolphins, the September 2019 match witnessed the Patriots making a score of 43 and the Dolphins could not even open their account.

Overall, it can be seen that the Patriots have an upper hand over the Dolphins.

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: Players to Watch Out

New England Patriots:

Cam Newton (QB) – Completion – 66.1%, Yards per Game – 219.9, Longest Pass - 50, Touchdowns – 5.

J Stidham (QB) – Completion – 54.5%, Yards per Game – 54.8, Longest Pass – 38, Touchdowns – 2.

J Meyers (WR) – Completion – 100.0%, Yards per Game – 48.3, Longest Pass – 24, Touchdowns – 1.

D Harris (RB) – Rushing Yards – 691, Long Rushing – 41, Rushing 1st downs – 30, Attempts – 137.

Miami Dolphins:

Veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB) – Completion – 68.5%, Yards per Game – 257.5, Longest Pass – 70, Touchdowns – 12.

Tua Tagovailoa (QB) – Completion – 63.2%, Yards per Game – 155.8, Longest Pass – 35, Touchdowns – 7.

M Gaskin (RB) - Rushing Yards – 477, Long Rushing – 26, Rushing 1st downs – 23, Attempts – 121.

M Breida (RB) - Rushing Yards – 168, Long Rushing – 12, Rushing 1st downs – 7, Attempts – 47.

Patriots vs Dolphins NFL Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

Making a close introspection of the games played in the past, it can be seen that the Patriots have an upper hand going in this game.

However, taking a look at the performance in the 2020 NFL season, the Miami Dolphins are looking in better form than the New England Patriots. But the two teams have already played one game in this season and the Dolphins were beaten the Patriots

Betting platforms and match result predicting platforms are predicting the winner to be the Miami Dolphins.

Oddschecker have given 11/10 betting odds in favor of the Patriots and the odds for the Dolphins stand at 8/11.

BettingExpert puts the odds of the Dolphins winning at 1.75 and the odds for the Patriots at 2.25.

FiveThirtyEight predicts the match to be a break neck competition and puts the odds of the Patriots winning at 45% and the odds of the Dolphins winning at 55%.

Sofascore puts the odds for the Dolphins at 1.74 and against the Patriots at 2.15, but also adds that Patriots usually wins the games at this odds 99% of times.

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM