Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting Analysis

Blogs

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting Analysis

20 Nov 2020
Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting Analysis
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
204

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting : The EFL Cup also is known as the ‘giant-killers’ cup is starting its first-round matches this weekend, with Stoke City taking on Blackpool. Both former Premier League clubs will face each other at the Britannia Stadium – home of Stoke City FC.

Stoke City, currently competing in the Championship, have had a rather difficult 2019-2020 season. They managed to secure only a 15th place finish and conceded more goals than they scored in the league; conceding 68 and scoring just 62.

Blackpool, on the other hand, is far away from their Premier League glory days, they play in the Football League One – the third tier of English football. They did not have a successful 2019-2020 campaign as they finished 13th in the league, conceding 43 goals and scoring just one more than that at 44. 

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting

image 27

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting : Head to Head

Stoke City and Blackpool have played 5 games against each other till date. Among them, Blackpool won 1 game, Stoke City won 2 and they drew on 2 occasions. In the English Premier League, the two teams played a total of 2 games before, of which Blackpool won 1, Stoke City won 0 and the two teams drew 1. In the English Championship, the two teams played a total of 2 games before, of which Blackpool won 0, Stoke City won 1 and the two teams drew 1. In the England League Cup, the two teams played a total of 1 games before, of which Blackpool won 0, Stoke City won 1.

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting : Last 5 Matches Stats

Both Stoke City and Blackpool have a shortage of ammunition in their attacking force and the defence is not the most stable as well. In last five matches, Stoke City have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1, whereas Blackpool won 2, lost 1 and had drawn in the other 2 matches in their last 5. Thus securing 9 and 8 points respectively from their previous 5 encounters. 

Stoke City vs Blackpool Soccer Predictions and Betting Analysis

According to Smarkets.com, the home side, Stoke City will be comfortable winners in this tie. They are predicting a 60% chance of Stoke securing the victory, whereas a Blackpool victory is placed lower than a draw at 18% and the draw is placed at 21%. The relative superiority and the experience Stoke City gains from playing football a tier higher than Blackpool seems to work in their favour when it comes to predicting a winner.

If we look at Kickoff we can see a similar trend in place. Kickoff has given Stoke City a 58% chance of winning the tie whereas the chances of a Blackpool victory is at 20%, slightly higher than that of Smarkets. A draw is given a 22% chance of happening. But a good thing for football fans is that Kickoff is predicting more than 50% chance of both teams scoring in the match. It seems we can expect an exciting match at the weekend. 

FCtables has reduced the odds of both the teams winning the match as compared to the other two websites, but it still predicts Stoke City to have a comfortable victory over their opponents over the weekend. Stoke is given a 56% chance of winning whereas Blackpool is given a measly 17% chance of securing victory. The chances of a draw are increased to 25%.

According to Footballpredictions.net, Stoke City look set to score a couple of goals when they come up against Blackpool, who won’t find it easy finding the net themselves. The platform predicts the match to end in 2-0 goals in favor of Stoke City.

Bet365 too puts Stokes City ahead of Blackpool for the upcoming match. The betting odds for Stokes city is placed at 1.66 for the match while for Blackpool the odds stands at 4.75.

The prediction and betting platforms are very much positive about Stoke City’s victory in this weekend’s match. The past records too suggest Stoke City to have an upper hand. However, we cannot deny a possibility of surprise that Blackpool may pull off in the match against Stoke City.

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
Free entry into one Non-Mega game
2000 coins
Rs 100 Amazon Voucher
7000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM