Heat vs Lakers Odds and Predictions: Will Lakers close it in the 6th?

Blogs

Heat vs Lakers Odds and Predictions: Will Lakers close it in the 6th?

10 Oct 2020
Heat vs Lakers Odds and Predictions: Will Lakers close it in the 6th?
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
331

Heat vs Lakers Odds: Will Lakers close it in the 6th? It has been quite a roller coaster for the 2020 NBA finals. Many had expected the the Los Angeles Lakers to win the NBA title on Friday but there was another twist in the tale.

Miami Heat were not in a mood to let go of the title so easily and have showed signs of a comeback with a 111-108 win on Friday night. This also meant that the series could now be extended to two more games in the Orlando Bubble.

The injury concern for Miami Heat continued even in game 5 with Goran Dragic not recovering yet. But they showed no signs of backing out with Jimmy Butler giving a good start to heat which was later converted to a 20-18 lead after Kendrick Nunn scored a 3-pointer from downtown. In the midst of all this, Anthony Davis of Lakers was seen struggling with his ankle and was benched immediately.

Kendrick Nunn was on fire at the start of the second quarter that put them at 41-33 with more than six minutes to go. Jimmy Butler did further damage to extend the lead to 9 points but the transition play of Lakers was superior that put them back into contention. LeBron James had 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting so far but Heat lead Lakers by 4 points at the end of 1st half.

The third quarter started off with a 3-point shootout with Lakers closing the gap to 65-68. With a flagrant 1 foul by Dwight Howard and a good play by Jimmy Butler the lead goes back to eight, but the Lakers pull back things after a 7-0 run. Duncan Robinson pitched in late but made it count as Heat go to a 6-point lead with the last quarter to come. While Kentavious gave the initial edge with a three pointer, Duncan Robinson countered with hit yet another triple to put the Heat back at 101-99. From then on, it was a battle between two greats Jimmy Butler and LeBron James who went on and on for the glory relentlessly. With less than 20 seconds on the clock, Danny Green misses a straight forward 3-pointer that hit the board and bounced away with Heat pulling off an incredible 111-108 victory.

LeBron James emerged as the highest score for the Lakers with another 40 points this time around along with 13 rebounds and 7 assists. Anthony Davis who was nursing an injury still managed 28 points and 12 rebounds but it wasn’t enough for today. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope pitched in with 16 points whereas the likes of Kyle Kuzma and Alex Caruso didn’t do much from the bench adding just 7 and 3 points respectively. On the contrary, Miami Heat had a complete performance with everyone pitching in for team’s cause. Jimmy Butler led them with 35 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists while Duncan Robinson raised a lot of eyebrows with a scintillating performance that added 26 points and 5 rebounds. Bam Adebayo who wasn’t at his 100% still delivered 13 points whereas Kendrick Nunn and Tyler Herro were brutal from the bench with 12 and 14 points respectively. The only concern was that of Jae Crowder who was silent and provided just 11 points for the whole 40 minutes.

Heat vs Lakers Odds and predictions : Game 5 statistics:

Top Scorer: LeBron James – 40 points

3 pointers: Heat – 14(11), Lakers – 14(14)

Field Goals: Heat – 38(32), Lakers – 38(35)

Free Throws: Heat – 21(21), Lakers – 18(18)

Rebounds: Heat – 35(39), Lakers – 41(42)

Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat Odds and predictions: Predictions

The game 6 between the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat will be played on 11th October in the AdventHealth Arena at 7.30pm local time. The Lakers will have to try winning the title here without letting it to go until game 7. On the contrary, Miami Heat have all the confidence to equalize the series and take this to last game of the NBA finals.

According to various betting platforms and predictions, the Lakers are still in the driving seat but the momentum on the other side has picked up which they should be aware of. According to FiveThirtyEight, the chance for Lakers has gone down from 84% to 66% currently whereas chances for Heat to win the title is at 34% after game 5 victory.

 

 

Heat vs Lakers odds and predictions: Schedule and Head-to-head

Regular season (64 games): Heat – 27 wins, Lakers – 37 wins

Playoffs played: 3-2

Previous meeting: Heat won 111-108 on 9th October 2020.

With the unexpected twist and turn that this NBA final has produced, anything can happen on Sunday night. Even though the odds and predictions for the NBA finals have been partially correct, the teams have defied them all time and again. It all comes down to this game where the Lakers can clinch their first title since 2010 or they will have to wait for game 7 if Heat puts up a clinical performance.

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
$ 5 or equivalent
20000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM