Auction for IPL 2020 to be conducted on December 19th in Kolkata, there will be 332 players set to go under the hammer. From 14-year-old Noor Ahmed to 48-year-old Pravin Tambe but there are few hot favorites who will go for a high price:
1) Eoin Morgan - England Limited over captain will be one of first preferred picks for many teams with their middle-order worries which can be overcome by Morgan.
He has played 86 T20I, scored 2002 runs at an average of 29.88 and strike rate of 135.73.
Morgan offers an option of captaincy for teams like Kings X1 Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders as he recently won the ODI World Cup as a captain and changed English limited over vision after the exit in the group stage of World Cup 2015.
2) Shimron Hetmyer - After the 139 against India in Chennai, he has changed into a must pick for many teams. Hetmyer can do a similar job like Morgan in middle overs especially they won't allow the spinners to settle down.
Hetmyer didn't have a great outing in IPL 2018 with Royal Challengers Bangalore. He scored just 15 runs from the first 4 matches and then he was dropped for nine consecutive matches and played a match-winning knock against Hyderabad but a poor run in International before the India tour let RCB management release Hetmyer from the squad.
Hetmyer doesn't have the number to show in shorter format but potential wise, he is one of the best young talents rising in World Cricket.
3) Glenn Maxwell - During the Pakistan T20 series, due to mental health Maxwell has taken a break from cricket but he will be making his come back through Big Bash 2019-20.
He has been dropped from the ODI side so he will be eager to perform in the shorter form and prepare well for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
In March, he has scored an unbeaten 113* runs 55 balls including 7 fours and 9 sixes against India at Bangalore in a run-chase and he is one of the best which can be used as an opener or a middle-order batsman. This gives flexibility to any side which gets Maxwell in the auction.
4) Pat Cummins - After Starc decided not to play in the IPL 2020, the value of Cummins has been increased drastically.
Cummins has played 25 T20I and picked 32 wickets at an economy of 6.77 but the bigger issue is whether Pat Cummins can be the leader of the attack in any IPL team. He used to be a middle-over bowler for Australia with Starc as the main weapon.
Many teams like Kings X1 Punjab, Royal Challengers need a strike bowler so they will be eying Cummins.
5) Chris Jordan - One of the under-rate all-rounders in the T20 format, he can be a good pick for most teams for his death bowling and he can be a handy batsman in the lower order.
In 2019, he has picked 14 wickets from 8 matches at an average of 12.86 and an economy of 7.55 in T20 International.
Jordan has the experience of playing most of the league's all-around world like Big Bash, Carribean Premier League. He has turned to be an integral player along with Jofra Archer in death overs for England.
6) Sheldon Cottrell - Cottrell has changed into the leader of the attack of West Indies in limited-overs.
In the recent India T20 series his performance of 1/24(4), 1/27(4) and 1/40(4) has increased his value as a player in the auction. He has lots of variations and the ability of swinging back into the right-handers consistently has caused lots of problems to many top-order players.
In T20 International, he has picked 30 wickets from 22 matches at an economy of 8.09 for West Indies.
7) Chris Lynn: Lynn is known for his power-hitting as an opener. He was released by Kolkata Knight Riders after his poor season in last IPL and even he doesn't have a place in the Australian shorter format but his overall number in the world's best league has been brilliant with 1280 runs from 41 matches at an average of 33.68 and 140.66.
Teams like Royal Challengers would like to have him in the side with small-sized Chinnaswamy as the home ground and he has a great record in this venue. In the recently concluded T10 league, Chris Lynn scored most runs, highest score, highest strike rate, most fifties, most sixes and most man of the match awards.