KKR vs CSK Predictions and Betting : The IPL 2020 has produced some of the closest contests and has become highly unpredictable with no team making it to the play offs even after the conclusion of 47 games in the league.
This will continue until the 50th game as five teams have a chance to end up on 16 points which includes Kolkata Knight Riders. On Thursday, they face CSK in a do-or-die game with the most valuable 2 points in fray.
Even though CSK is the only team out of contention, they can play without any barriers which also implies that they can spoil KKR’s party. With every win, the KKR will be that much closer to the playoffs spot while CSK are playing to save some grace.
Kolkata Knight Riders vs Chennai Super Kings Predictions and Betting Summary
KKR vs CSK predictions and betting analysis: Recent form
CSK had their worst season in IPL without a play off spot for the first time in 11 seasons. The 3-time IPL champions lost games comfortably with lack of intent initially and couldn’t make up when they needed wins under the belt.
They were nowhere near their best with little flexibility to bring in change when the combination isn’t working for the side. They started off well with a win against their arch rivals MI but lost the next three games.
They came back strongly against Kings XI Punjab but lost to KKR from a comfortable position and were thrashed by RCB that put them in a spot of bother with just 2 wins in 7 games. Despite wins against SRH and RCB in the second half, it was nowhere enough for them to make it to the next stage.
For KKR, it has been a strange season given that they have had some really good wins but have suffered humiliating defeats this season.
The two-time champions who maintained their 4th position for a long time have now been displaced by KXIP with their epic comeback still on. KKR started off with a defeat against their nemesis MI but bounced back well with wins against SRH and RR.
They pulled off unbelievable victories from a losing position against CSK and KXIP which ensured a great run for the team in the first half. In the second half, they had some terrible defeats against MI and RCB that dented their confidence dearly with injury concerns rubbing salt on their wounds. Despite a win against DC on Saturday, they never looked like putting up a fight against KXIP as their chance to make it to the playoffs starting to diminish with every passing day.
CSK vs KKR prediction and betting : Team Comparison
Opener and One Down : Verdict CSK > KKR
CSK have nothing to lose now with no chance for the franchise to make it to the playoffs. Ruturaj Gaikwad played a gem of an innings against RCB which underlined his potential in the top order and should be a long prospect in the team. Faf du Plesis looks to be a consistent performer for the side and has the ability to win games single handedly. Even though Ambati Rayudu has been a little up and down this season, he has always performed under pressure for the side.
The opening pair of Shubman Gill and Rahul Tripathi haven’t unleashed by taking advantage of the fielding restrictions in the first six that has put pressure on the middle order. Nitish Rana will have to bat like he did against DC without falling to a poor shot selection yet again.
Middle Order and All Rounders : Verdict CSK > KKR
Eoin Morgan and Dinesh Karthik coming in middle order for KKR has to play a big role if they are to win this match. It is important for Eoin Morgan and Dinesh Karthik to assume responsibility by playing a big innings in the last few games to keep their hopes alive. Using Su nil Narine as a floater did pay off against DC, but it hasn’t been a success when we look at their season until now.
As far as Chennai is concerned, N Jagadeesan might be pushed up the order to see if the youngster can perform in a big tournament. The captain MS Dhoni has struggled to finish games for the side but it will be a great opportunity for the skipper to find the meat of his bat. The inclusion of Mitchell Santner paid a lot of dividends on a slow pitch like Dubai. Ravindra Jadeja is a gun fielder and consistently gives 4-overs apart from his rejuvenated batting in this season. Sam Curran has been one of the best all-rounders of this IPL season so far.
CSK vs KKR Predictions and Betting : Bowlers : Verdict KKR> CSK
For KKR, Pat Cummins has improved by many folds whereas the inclusion of Lockie Ferguson has given them important breakthroughs in the middle overs. The third pacer role assumed by Prasidh Krishna or Kamlesh Nagarkoti or Shivam Mavi will have to support the striking bowlers by keeping the pressure. Looking at spinners, Varun Chakravarthy has been the most effective whereas Sunil Narine’s new action is making him predictable with little or no mystery left in his bowling.
For CSK, Deepak Chahar has impressed everyone with his death bowling in addition to his accurate powerplay bowling. Monu Jumar might be given another chance with the youngster troubling the batsman with his lack of pace. They will go out all guns blazing against KKR. The inclusion of Imran Tahir has given a strength to the spin bowling who will be holding one side along with Jadeja.
KKR vs CSK predictions and betting : Schedule and Pitch report
The game between CSK and KKR will be held in the Dubai International stadium on 28th October at 7.30 pm IST. The Dubai pitch still looks two paced but it has got better after the RCB vs CSK game where it was on the slower side.
The bowlers will be looking to take pace off the ball to make life difficult whereas the batsmen would be looking to accumulate as much as possible. The team batting 1st will be looking to get somewhere around 165 or thereabouts that will give their bowlers that cushion to defend.
An even contest between bat and ball is an assurance on Thursday.
OnlineCricketBetting have gone on to put their money behind KKR to take the all important 2 points on Thursday. The platform has gone on to give 54.3% chance for KKR whereas CSK still has a significant chance of 45.7% to pull the strings.
Betway has also placed better odds in favor of KKR in this clash. But a champion team like CSK can spring a surprise like they did against RCB last Sunday. According to Oddschecker, the best odds for this game is still favoring KKR currently with their opponents requiring a special effort to get their 5th win of this season.