KXIP vs RR Predictions and Betting : There is a reason why Indian Premier League is so popular and is one of the best T20 leagues in the world. It is because of the unpredictable nature where there is always room for a comeback or a sudden loss of momentum after sitting comfortably at the top of the table.
The way things have panned out, 7 teams are still in fray to make it to the playoffs. But for RR, it will be a do-or-die game when they face Kings XI Punjab on Friday as they are on 10 points currently. On the other hand, the comeback for KXIP is very much on as the team would like to take forward their unbeaten streak for the games to come. As for IPL fans, it will be cracker of a contest to start their weekend.
KXIP vs RR Predictions and IPL Betting Odds
KXIP vs RR Predictions and Betting : Recent form and head to head
If anyone had exclaimed that KXIP would be in the hunt for a playoff spot after that terrible first half of IPL 2020, nobody would have taken that person seriously. But it has been that kind of a season for KXIP where things went horribly wrong in the first seven but they have made a strong statement that they are not going down without a competition.
The KXIP were down and out with 1 win in the first half, but have raised like a phoenix in the second half with 5 consecutive wins that includes victories against top teams like Mumbai Indians, Delhi Capitals and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
Looking at how RR fared this season, it has been a roller coaster ride for the side. Despite giving tough fight in most of the games they have erred in decision making or have been too defensive that cost them a couple of wins.
They started off the season with back to back wins but completely lost the plot after 4 defeats on a trot. Even though they have shown glimpses of how dangerous the side is one their day, they have managed only two wins in the last 5 games.
The head to head between the teams suggest that it is an unsung rivalry in IPL. The teams have met on 20 occasions with RR winning 11 games and KXIP winning 9 games so far.
Their last meeting was a spectacular batting carnage in Sharjah when RR chased down 224 in 19.3 that rattled the Punjab camp. This assures that a great contest between bat and ball is definitely on in Abu Dhabi.
KXIP vs RR Predictions and Betting : Team Comparison
Top Order comparison: KXIP > RR
There’s little doubt that KXIP top order stands out after winning so many games single-handedly. They have the services of the orange cap holder Lokesh Rahul who has scored close to 600 runs in 12 games for the team. Mayank Agarwal has also been explosive at the top with 398 runs in 10 innings striking at 155.46.
The impact of Chris Gayle in this side is immeasurable. He has two fifties in 5 games and has already take the load off middle order. Mandeep Singh who has come in place of Mayank played a match winning knock against KKR and is looking in great touch.
As far as Rajasthan Royals is concerned, Robin Uthappa haven’t given that jump start except for that game against RCB.
Looking at Ben Stokes, he has scored 217 runs at 133.12 but if we remove that brilliant century against MI, his numbers look ordinary.
Sanju Samson did play a brilliant knock against MI after consecutive low scores but he has been inconsistent like every other season. Despite being the highest scorer, he will have to step up in the coming games for the side.
Middle Order and All-rounders: RR > KXIP
KXIP middle order has been their weakest link so far. It is a matter of concern that when the top order fails, the middle order is not well quipped to absorb that pressure. Nicholas Pooran has been the only standout in the middle order with 329 runs at an enormous strike rate of 171.35.
Barring him, the likes of Glenn Maxwell, Jimmy Neesham haven’t really contributed with the bat but have done a decent job with the ball. Deepak Hooda has played in crucial situations but he is clearly a one-dimensional player.
In contrast, the RR middle order has the service of Jos Buttler, Steve Smith, Rahul Tewatia and Riyan Parag. While Steve Smith can hold one end, Jos Buttler can unleash at the other. Even though the pair has scored 276 and 271 runs individually, you can’t take them lightly.
Rahul Tewatia has consistently given four overs with the ball and can strike very well at the death. He has 224 runs in 10 innings at 143.58 strike rate and has 16 maximums. Riyan Parag has shown glimpses of what he can do, but the youngster will have to do a better job with the bat.
Bowling line-up: KXIP > RR
KXIP bowling has done a great job in the second half after being all over the place in the first seven games. Shami has led the pack successfully with 20 wickets in 12 games and a strike rate of 14 whereas Jordan has impressed everyone with his death bowling.
It is also a good sight to see an Indian youngster Arshdeep Singh assuming responsibility with the new ball and has so far accumulated 9 wickets in 7 games. The spin department has been their X-factor with the duo of Ravi Bishnoi and Murugan Ashwin rattling the opposition with accuracy and have accounted to 21 wickets combined. On the other hand, RR bowling line up looks exhausted with Jofra Archer the only savior in the side.
The England quick has 17 wickets in 12 matches at a staggering economy of just 6.71. He has little support from the other end that has been a major concern for the side. While Kartik Tyagi has taken 7 wickets but has gone for 9.41 per over, Ankit Rajpoot is having one of the worst seasons with 2 wickets in 6 games besides his 11.70 economy.
The spinners haven’t had the best of the seasons with Shreyas Gopal striking once in 31 balls and has just 9 wickets in 12 games. His compatriot Rahul Tewatia has been economical but has done little damage with 7 scalps in the same period. It is high time that they sort out this menace if they have to win the remaining games.
KXIP vs RR Predictions and Betting : Schedule and pitch report
The game between KXIP and RR is scheduled in Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi on 30th October at 7.30pm IST. The Abu Dhabi pitch looks better than the two venues with a lilt bit for everyone.
We can see a hint of movement with the new ball but the pitch eases out as the game progresses. It is important to note that even the biggest totals have been chased down in recent times which reiterates that the pitch remains same for the second half.
The par score on this wicket is close to 175, but the sides winning the toss are backing themselves to chase here.
The betting platforms and the markets have put their trust behind KXIP to get their 6th consecutive win on Friday. Online Cricket Betting site has gone on to give a 52.6% chance for KL Rahul’s side to emerge victorious whereas the men in pink have a 47.4% chance in this clash.
Betway has also put KXIP ahead of RR indicating that the team has work to do in order to win against KXIP who are riding high on confidence.
Another famous website Oddschecker who gives the best odds have also put their money behind KXIP but expecting a good fight by RR.