Buccaneers vs Saints Predictions, Preview and Odds : The National Football League of USA is back with a bang after a bunch of interesting and thrilling clashes between the sides in the 8th week of the 2020 season. With time running out for teams to get some games under the belt, the playoffs are getting nearer by every passing week.
On Sunday, Buccaneers are set to face the challenge of their arch rivals Saints in the Raymond James stadium on 8th December at 8.20 pm IST. Even though the Buccaneers have the home advantage, Saints did get the better of the hosts in the opener and would be vary of the threat of the visiting team.
On the other hand, Saints are looking to snatch the top spot in NFC South with a victory here making it one of the more important clashes over the weekend.
Buccaneers vs Saints Predictions and Odds
Buccaneers vs Saints Predictions, Preview and Odds: Recent form
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are desperate for a breakthrough season for a long time now and are looking for their 2nd Superbowl victory in the team’s history. The side hasn’t made it to the playoffs in the last 12 seasons but are looking good this season to break this infamous streak.
The NFC South finished 3rd in divisions with a 7-9 record in 2019 season. Looking at their performance so far, Buccaneers lost their opener against Saints but emerged stronger with three wins on a trot for the side.
Despite a close game against Bears in October, they thrashed Packers and Raider with a huge margin. In their last game against Giants, they sneaked an all-important win against Giants that enabled them to stay clear of Saints in the table with 6 wins and 2 losses.
The Saints have come a long way from a rough patch during 2014-16 where they went 21-24 to becoming one of the top leagues from then on. They were untouchable in the first ten games winning eight matches and topped the NFC South in the 2019 season.
Come 2020 season, the Saints were looking to match the last two seasons with at least 12 wins and they are looking in a good position that performance yet again. They started of their journey with a win against Buccaneers and were taken down by Raiders in the 2nd game followed by a tough game against Packers.
But from then on, they have been impeccable scoring 4 consecutive wins that has come against Lions, Chargers, Panthers and Bears. This made sure that they are sitting in the 2nd spot of the NFC South after 5 wins and 2 losses. In their most recent outing, they defeated Bears in overtime with a 26-23 margin to pull off an important win.
Buccaneers vs Saints NFL prediction and betting analysis: Head-to-head
The Saints are looking for their 4th consecutive play-offs spot in the 2020 season with an impressive since the 2017 season. On the other hand, the home team haven’t made it to play-offs for the 12th consecutive season and were one of the two teams to never move past post season in the last decade.
Looking at how the teams have performed against the other gives you a little insight of the rivalry that has unfolded over the years. These two teams have met on 57 occasions with Saints leading the series with 36 wins whereas Buccaneers have emerged victorious on 21 occasions with their first ever meeting back in 1977.
In the last five meetings, Saints have clearly dominated with 4 wins while the hosts have just the one victory. Their recent meeting was in September which was a smooth sailing for Saints with a 34-23 score line. Interestingly, all these matches are in regular season and they have never met in the post season.
Even though the Saints holds a little bit of edge with head-to-head going in their way, the Buccaneers can show what they are made of in the upcoming match.
Buccaneers vs Saints Predictions and Odds
BettingExpert are of the opinion that the visiting team have this game in their game going into the clash. They have currently provided with the odds of 3.00 to the Las Vegas based side while the Saints have 1.45 odds for this match.
Smarkets have also gone on to suggest that the Buccaneers holds a massive advantage in this matchup. They have given the odds of 1.51 to Buccaneers with almost double odds of 2.90 stacked against the Saints. Almost 68% have bet on Buccaneers whereas only 34% have their money on the away side.
FiveThirtyEight who are known to accurately the outcome of the game is clearly seen favoring the Buccaneers in this clash. They have given them 60% chance of a victory whereas the Saints with 40% are clearly the underdogs.
The website for accumulating the odds to give the best odds Oddschecker have also gone on to predict a win for the Tampa Bay squad. They have the best odds of 1/2 to the favorites while the Saints have a huge task in hand with the best odds of 19/10 as of now.