Bears vs Lions Odds and Predictions analysis

Blogs

Bears vs Lions Odds and Predictions analysis

01 Dec 2020
Bears vs Lions Odds and Predictions analysis
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
102

Bears vs Lions Odds and Predictions:

The 13th week of the NFL gets underway in the first week of December with games scheduled on the Sunday and Monday.

On Sunday, Chicago Bears is set to host Detroit Lions in an NFC North group game. The hosts were on a roll at the beginning of the season but their campaign derailed after 5 consecutive losses so far. On the other hand, the Lions have never looked comfortable and are looking to save some grace by winning a couple of the remaining games this season.

The game between Bears and Lions is scheduled be held in the Soldier Field on 6th December at 12pm local time.

Lions vs Bears Odds and Predictions Summary

Chicago Bears vs Detroit Lions Odds and Predictions: Recent form

The Chicago Bears have looked for some redemption after poor performance in the 2019 season as hey failed to make it to the playoffs stage from NFC North group. Their 2020 season has rather been a roller coaster ride so far with 5 wins and 6 losses in the group stage and are still in the hunt for a good finish at the end of regular season.

They achieved victories over Lions, Falcons, Colts, Panthers and Buccaneers but have lost their last five games against Rams, Saints, Titans, Vikings and Pakcers that has put them in a huge spot of bother. It is important for them to come out all guns blazing against Lions on Sunday night.

It seems like Detroit Lions are heading to yet another disappointment after 11 games so far. Their 2019 campaign was dismal with a 4th place finish in NFC North and a similar fate is expected if they fail to kick start their campaign.

They started off with two losses to Bears and Packers but found a way to win against Cardinals in their third appearance. They achieved back to back wins against Jaguars and Falcons but failed to capitalize on that, with big losses coming against the likes of Colts and Vikings.

They played exceptionally well to achieve that win against Washington but suffered a 20-0 defeat to Panthers and a 41-25 defeat to Texans that has diminished their chance of making it to playoffs.

Lions vs Bears Odds and Predictions: H2H

The Bears are considered to be a competitive side after finding themselves in 3rd spot in NFC North and would be looking to lift their 2nd Super Bowl ever while Detroit based club are currently reeling under pressure at 4th position.

The head-to-head between the team suggests as to how the teams have fared against each other over a long period. It is quit astonishing to know that it’s not just the match on Sunday that will be interesting to watch, but this rivalry has produced some really close and nail-biting contests over the years.

The two sides have faced off each other in 181 games with 74 wins for the Lions whereas Bears have 102 victories to their name apart from 5 tied games. All the games have been in the regular season with no games played in the post season or playoffs.

Looking at their recent meetings, it is safe to say that the Lions have struggled in the last five games against Bears with 5 defeats in that time period. The recent most meeting between the two sides was in September 2020 where Lions bowed down to Bears with a 23-27 margin.

Bears vs Lions Odds and Predictions: Players to watch out for

Chicago Bears:

Nick Foles (QB): Completion – 65%, Yards per game – 231.9, Longest Pass – 50, Touchdowns – 10.

Mitchell Trubisky (QB): Completion - 58.3%, Yards per game – 180.6, Longest Pass – 28, Touchdowns – 9.

D Montgomery (RB): Rushing Yards – 575, Long Rushing – 57, Rushing 1st downs – 32, Attempts – 142.

C Patterson (WR): Rushing Yards – 126, Long Rushing – 13, Rushing 1st downs – 6, Attempts – 43.

A Robinson (WR): Receptions – 71, Receiving Targets – 108, Receiving Yards after catch – 212, Receiving First Downs – 42.

R Smith (LB): Solo Tackles – 70, Sack Yards – 14, Passes defended – 5.

D Trevathan (LB): Solo Tackles – 51, Sack Yards – 0, Passes defended – 2.

A Hicks (DT): Solo Tackles – 26, Sack Yards – 23, Passes defended – 1.

Detroit Lions

Matthew Stafford (QB): Completion – 63.2%, Yards per game – 269.2, Longest Pass – 73, Touchdowns – 18.

C Daniel (QB): Completion – 61.5%, Yards per game – 99, Longest Pass – 28, Touchdowns – 1.

Adrian Peterson (RB): Rushing Yards – 444, Long Rushing – 27, Rushing 1st downs – 25, Attempts – 119.

D Swift (RB): Rushing Yards – 331, Long Rushing – 54, Rushing 1st downs – 19, Attempts – 70.

Kenny Johnson (RB): Rushing Yards – 175, Long Rushing – 14, Rushing 1st downs – 8, Attempts – 47.

TJ Hockenson (TE): Receptions – 45, Receiving Targets – 68, Receiving Yards after catch – 282, Receiving First Downs – 29.

M Jones Jr. (WR): Solo Tackles – 47, Sack Yards – 11, Passes defended – 5.

J Collins Sr. (QB): Solo Tackles – 39, Sack Yards – 0, Passes defended – 4.

Chicago Bears vs Detroit Lions 2020 NFL Odds and Predictions: Predicted Winner

As expected, the betting platforms and experts are suggesting a close game with Bears having a clear advantage over the Lions.

According to Smarkets, the contest will be an entertaining one with Bears expected to win it. The Bears are given with odds of 1.48 whereas the Lions are provided with odds of 2.60 as of now.

Covers also suggests that Titans have are the favorites going into this game over the Bears. It has gone to give odds of -4 to Bears whereas the visitors are given with odds of +4.

FiveThirtyEight platform which is very popular for giving out accurate predictions have differed from others by giving Bears an edge in this clash. According to the site, Chicago based team has a 72% chance to emerge victorious whereas Lions are behind with 28%

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
Free entry into one Non-Mega game
2000 coins
Rs 100 Amazon Voucher
7000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM