Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting Tips

Blogs

Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting Tips

02 Dec 2020
Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting Tips
profile_avatar
Crowdwisdom360
419

Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting : Sheffield United will have to be at their best on Sunday as they take on Leicester City at their home stadium Bramall Plane. The Blades haven’t been good so far in the season with only 1 point from a possible ten.

They are currently at the 20th spot in the points table. Team manager Chris Wilder must be under pressure after facing the heat due to the team’s poor performance. His men will have to play their hearts out against Leicester to help the manager keep his job.

Leicester City, on the other hand, managed to remain in the top 4 despite the loss to Fulham. They have collected 18 points from 10 games so far. The Foxes will definitely be keen to return to winning ways as soon as possible. However, defeating the Blades at home is not going to be very easy for Brendan Roger’s men. The Sunday clash is surely going to be an exciting one.

Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting Summary

Sheffield United vs Leicester City Predictions and Betting: Recent Form

The Sheffield boys are having a very ordinary league as they failed to win any game till now. The Blades have faced 9 losses out of 10 games, with only a 1-1 draw coming against Fulham.

They have maintained a poor average of 0.40 goals per game. The ball possession percentage has also been just 40.40%. The Blades will have to bring their best as they face the Foxes after 5 consecutive defeats.

The 2-1 loss to Fulham in the last game must have been a difficult one to swallow for Leicester City. Their last win came against the Wolves on 8 November. The Foxes will aim to make a comeback by winning the match against the Blades. With 1.90 goals scored and 1.40 goals conceded per game, Leicester City are having a good season. The ball possession percentage of 51.40% looks exemplary.

Sheffield United have won 45% of their last 20 home matches, while Leicester City’s win percentage is 35% in the last 20 away league matches. The Blades had a clean sheet at home 7 games ago. Of the 20 away games, the Foxes have missed the net 4 times.

Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting : H2H

The head to head clash between Sheffield United and Leicester City indicate, City having an edge over the Untied. Both the teams faced each other for the first time on 27 Jan 1900 in the FA Cup. The match ended with a score of 1-0 in favor of Sheffield United.

Since then there have been 16 direct meetings for both the teams so far in the Premier League. Sheffield won 5 matches, while Leicester City won 8 of them. 3 matches were ended in a draw. 

The last five clashes between the two teams indicate a complete domination of Leicester City over Sheffield United. Leicester City have won all last five games. Total 10 times City has found the net when the two teams met while Sheffield United have score only twice in last five clashes between the two teams.

The last Premier League clash between the two teams took place in July 2020. Leicester City defeated Sheffield United with a margin of 2-0 in that match.

Leicester City vs Sheffield United Predictions and Betting: Offensive and Defensive Strategy

Both the teams are likely to go with their usual formations for the Sunday clash. Sheffield United will try to challenge the Foxes with the format of 3-5-2, while Leicester City will rely on their 3-4-2-1 formation to make things difficult for the hosts.

David McGoldrick is having a good season so far for Sheffield United. McGoldrick has scored 2 goals with a passing accuracy of 71% in the opposition half.

Oliver McBurnie needs to step up in the game against Leicester City and create more chances of scoring. He has missed 7 big chances in the 10 games he played.

Rhian Brewster and Billy Sharp will accompany the two strikers. Billy Sharp has played only 4 games this season and has 1 goal to his name. He also has 76% passing accuracy as of now.

The Leicester City forward attack is led by Jamie Vardy. The star English footballer has scored 8 goals for his team as of now. His success rate in dribbling has been 86%.

Vardy will be joined by the likes of Youri Tielemans and Harvey Barnes who will have to create more chances for the striker.

Youri has returned to form with 3 goals in 10 games for the side and will be a key candidate in creating chances against the Reds. In addition to this, he has 1.1 shot per game, 0.9 dribbles per game but has to cut down the number of fouls per game.

Harvey Barnes has given clinical performances in the recent games with 3 goals and an assist but will have to create more scoring opportunities for the team to come out on top. The England striker has 73% pass accuracy in addition to 1.9 shots on target every game.

They will have a good support from key midfielders like Harvey Barnes and James Maddinson. Barnes has scored thrice and assisted in 1 goal with good passing accuracy of 75%.

Maddinson has 1 goal to his name and has won 60% of ground duels in 9 matches.

Sheffield United will need a more promising effort from the midfielders in the next game. Sander Berge has been consistent with 1 goal and 1 assist. He has maintained a good passing accuracy of 86%. Oliver Burke needs to step up in the game against the Foxes and assist the strikers.

The high average of goals conceded per game shows that the defense department is struggling for Sheffield United. Chris Bashman is the key defender with an interception average of 1.8 per game. John Egan needs to improve his tackling average of 0.8 per game.

The likes of Max Lowe, Enda Stevens and George Baldock have been struggling with their performance.

Max Lowe has 4 tackles per game with just 1.2 dribbles per game. Enda Stevens in 8 games has just 64% dribble success with 2.9 tackles per game.

Leicester City’s defense looks solid in the current season. Some star performers are Wesley Fofana and Christian Fuchs. Fofana had 2 clean sheets and has maintained an average of 3.2 interceptions per game. Fuchs has been impressive with 2.5 tackles per game as of now.

Jonny Evans will come in handy with his reputation of scoring apart from his defending skills. He has 82% pass accuracy along with 1.6 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and 2.9 clears per game in the recent past.

With Timothy Castagne ruled out for at least 4 weeks, James Justin will have to assume responsibility in place of the talented defender. James Justin has 77.1% pass accuracy and has won 1.3 aerial duels per game so far.

Sheffield United vs Leicester City: Predicted Winner

Leicester City will surely be aiming to bounce back and aim for the 3rd spot by crushing the hosts. Sheffield United, on the other hand, will try to cash in the home advantage and break the losing streak in the game against the Foxes. The Sunday clash can be expected to be thrilling with many surprises.

Most of the prediction and betting platforms are giving Leicester City an upper hand against Sheffield United. As per the Infogol predictor, there is a 33% chance of Sheffield’s win, while Leicester’s chances stand at 39%. There is a 28% of the match ending in a draw.

Fctables have given 48% winning probability to Leicester City. The probability of Sheffield’s win stands at 24%. They have given 3.82 betting odds in favor of the Blades and 2.04 for the Foxes. The betting odds for a draw game stand at 3.47.

Oddschecker is another trusted platform for betting analysis. As per them, the odds are 3/1 in favor of a win for Sheffield United, while the odds for Leicester’s City win are 13/12. 13/5 odds are in favor of a draw.  

Rewards
Redeemable coins
0

Redeem Coins
Free entry into one Non-Mega game
2000 coins
Rs 100 Amazon Voucher
7000 coins
My Profile
Purchase History
No purchase history available
OK
Wallet History
Available Coins

4050

You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
- 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
You won the World Cup prediction game.
Game . 16 July 2019
+ 20000
Notifications
Redeem Coins
Redeemable Coins Available
0
Note : Only Coins which you earn
can be redeemed. Purchased or
Bonus Coins cannot be
redeemed.

Coins will be redeemed in 2
working days
Redeem History
Redeemable Coins Available

0500

Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM
Redeemed Points
600
01 August
05:00 PM